This is me...

This is me...
I'm having a mom moment....

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

It’s the day before Thanksgiving and its 80 degrees


I’m wearing a T-shirt, flip-flops, and capris

I’ve broken a dish, I’ve burned my hand

But the dinner is coming along just as planned

My kitchen is full of the scents of Thanksgiving

My house could be featured in Southern Living

The Turkey is buttered and seasoned and cooling

The thought of it all sets my mouth to drooling

Friends and family will soon come to the table

To eat and to eat ‘til they’re no longer able

When the table is cleared and the dishes are done

And the kids are outside to play, scream, and run

We’ll turn our attention to the Black Friday Ads

Making out lists for our kids, moms, and dads

Some will lie back and soon they’ll be snoozing

While others will talk about whose team will be losing

And when the guests head out to go back to their houses

And we’re left all alone with our kids and our spouses

We’ll clean up the kids and get them into their beds

With thoughts about Christmas now in our heads

Thanksgiving’s a time that I forever will treasure

My blessings have been too many to measure

I’ve got 4 great kids and a husband I love

Great family and friends who were sent from above

Warm clothes and a home which is much more than most

Of my blessings on Earth, I truly can boast

I’m thankful for family, for friends and much more

And my God has more treasures for me in store

The Lord has provided His mercy and grace

And no earthly blessings could dare take His place

So tomorrow when gathered with family and friends

While reflecting on all of your life’s dividends

Remember to thank the Lord for his love

And for all of the gifts on this Earth and above

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

No comments: