This is me...

This is me...
I'm having a mom moment....

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

(Sigh) More Voting (Sorry!)

So you may have noticed these new little badge things over there on the right above the "Vote For Me On Top Mommy Blogs!" button.  They do not in anyway negate the "Top Mommy Blog" ranking thing, by the way, so go ahead and get THAT voting over with please.

Apparently, I have been nominated for 3 Blogger's Choice Awards. Yay me!  I'm moving up in the world!  Who knew that after the sneaky hate spiral yesterday that all I needed was to be nominated for some sort of an award to make me feel better?  Voting is a hassle though, so I am a little bit worried about the results. I am up to 8 whole votes in each of the categories but 1 of those 8 votes is mine & 1 is from my husband.  So that means that I am solely responsible for 1/4 of my current votes.  I do not have any idea what if any prize is involved in this contest, and as much as I think it would be cool to win, it would be even cooler to not suck and be embarrassed.  Unlike the "Top Mommy Blog" thing that is a vote every day kind of deal, this is (from what I can tell) a one and done thing.  However, to vote, you have to go here: http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/ and register to get a user name, and then you have to find me in each of the 3 categories that I am nominated in: Best Parenting Blog, Best Humor Blog, and...um...er, Hottest Mommy Blogger. (Hangs head in embarrassment)  With 8 whole votes, I am just about 280 off the lead in humor, 200 off the lead in parenting, and 205 off the lead in the "Hottest Mommy Blogger" category.   And since I do not know if there ARE 200+ of you guys reading this since I know some of you follow by email and some follow anonymously, please ask your friends to vote too. 

Now, see I really kind of wish that I hadn't known about these nominations because now there is all of this pressure to be funny about parenting and to look "hot" while doing it.  I am not even sure that is possible.  I haven't shaved my legs in a week....can you be "hot" with prickly legs??!  Should I go put on some make-up?  Maybe I'll at least comb my hair or something.  And really, my kids have not done anything "blog-worthy" in the past 2 days.  They have done some funny things, but nothing to make an entire post out of.  I feel like when I used to get hiccups in Sunday School and the teacher made me stand in front of the class and commanded me to hiccup.  I couldn't do it.  I feel the same way now -- like I am incapable of being funny. 

The husband says that it is because I am trying to force a post.  Usually when I write a post it is because I have something funny to tell and it just happens.  I rattle it of like I am talking to my friends.  And now that I WANT to be funny, I cannot make it happen.  He's probably right.  (He usually is, but don't tell him.)  So this is not really a post as it is a "How To Vote" tutorial.  Seriously, go and vote.  All you need is an email address and I REALLY don't want to be near the bottom of the list.  And who knows, maybe by tomorrow my kids will have peed on something or flashed a neighbor or volunteered me to be their room mom and I'll have something funny to write about.

No comments: