This is me...

This is me...
I'm having a mom moment....

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Paying It Forward -- "The Sunshine Award"

Another blogger, The Somewhat Sane Mom, gave me this award!  I think that this is an awesome idea that allows us bloggers to compliment and promote each other -- something that I have pledged to do more of. 


I am pretty stoked about being included.  If you have never checked out her blog you really should!
Here are the rules that I must follow for this award...(hope I get this right!)
1. Include the award's logo in a post or on your blog.
2. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know that they have been nominated.
5. Share the Love and link back to the person who nominated you.
Well, I posted the logo at the top of the post, and I've already linked to The Somewhat Sane Mom, (twice, now), so that takes care of rules #1 and #5.  Now, here are my answers to the questions:


What is your favorite color?
     This is a tough one.  My favorite color depends a lot upon my mood.  I am a walking mood ring.
 
What is your favorite animal? 
     Humans.  But, I doubt that is what they meant. I really love dogs and horses.

Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink?  
     This one is a no brainer -- COCA-COLA.  Preferably in a Route 44 size from Sonic.


What is your favorite number?
     Three.  I know that it should be 4, since I have 4 kids; or 6, for the number of people in my family, but it's not.  It's 3.  I don't really have a reason either.

Facebook or Twitter?
     Definitely Facebook.  I have a very hard time "Tweeting" because I am limited to 140 characters in what I want to say.  Most of my sentences have more than 140 characters.

What is your passion?
     My kids and my blog.  I don't "work" so I get paid in kisses and recognition  Which is why I push for votes all of the time.  Like for The Circle of Moms Top 25 Contest that ends in 8 days!!  You can vote every day!!

What is your favorite pattern? 
   Solid.  I am not big on patterns.  Probably because I'm a big girl and patterns tend to make me look bigger.

Favorite day of the week?
     Saturdays.  I don't have to get up for anything, and I love to sleep.

Favorite flower?
     I really like daisies.  I think that they are so cheerful.  I also like cala lilies and roses, but they are so formal.  I like daisies because they are friendly and accessible.

Give or Get Presents?
     I love giving presents.  I spend a lot of time picking out gifts for people that I love.  However, that being said, I'd be a big fat liar if I said I didn't also love to get gifts.  Who doesn't love to get gifts??!

Now for my nominations.  This part was a little difficult because I know some have already received the award, and then I had a whole lot of blogs that I love and I had to narrow things down.  I copied the descriptions from each blogger's "About Me" page.  This is my final list:

I’m a born again princess that loves to write, cook (eat), read, play Rock Band, mountain bike, home school my kids, and amuse myself with the stories of everyday living.
I share my fairytale life with my Super Hero husband, Nathan, and our three kids: The Social Guy (my 16 year old son), The Artist (my 15 year old step-daughter), and The Brainiac (our 10 year old son).
Joined by our faithful pet, Bailey the Bendy Dog, we have *way* more fun and adventure then your average Disney® family.
Attack of the Redneck Mommy ™ was created Feb 2006, four months after the sudden death of Tanis Miller’s youngest son, Shale. After googling the words mom and grief, Tanis stumbled onto the online world of blogging and it wasn’t long before she decided to make the big leap from lurker to author.
Her blog is a humorous and insightful look at the joys of parenting, the delights of marriage and the heartbreak of losing a child. Her blog has been featured on CNN, The Globe and Mail and in a variety of Canadian daily newspapers. Attack of the Redneck Mommy™ won the Best Canadian Blog award in the 2010 and 2008 Bloggies.
I love to blog about my family, art, photography, crafts, Las Vegas, giveaways, and all things handmade. When I am not blogging, am often found listening to indie music and taking a million and 1 photos. I also addicted to Pinterest.
Look through the lens with me as this artsy mama shares her journey one snapshot at a time with family in main focus. I am a mom with a camera, and I am not afraid to use it!
4)     Non-stop Mom
I'm just a normal mom. I stay home with my kids and I provide a little bit of daycare for some friends' kids. I have a serious Internet addiction (Shocked? I thought not.) and am a perpetual night owl. I don't like to sleep alone but I've been doing it for over 2 years now and I think I'm finally okgoodie baskets for friends with stuff that I've made. My dream is to someday have my own little shop where I can sell the stuff that I make, but that's more than a few years down the line at this point.

When I started this blog, it was more for fun than for anything else. But as I started to get into it, I realized that it was really helping me to work through a lot of things that have happened in my life. I've received feedback from people indicating that they've been able to relate to it and they've been able to take something from it to help them in their particular situation. I don't think that anything that I do is special or awe-inspiring or anything like that - but if I can help one person who is going through a tough time, then I am happy. So many of my friends helped me through some of the darkest parts of my life and I need to pay that forward.

I try to post a variety of things. I can't be serious all of the time, so while some of my posts will go off the deep end, some of them will literally just be random thoughts. It is truly a glimpse into what little bit of a mind I have left.

So there you have it, in a medium-sized nutshell. Have questions? Just ask. For the most part, I'll tell you. And if it's not something that I want to discuss, I'll tell you that too.
5)     Carpool Goddess
I’m Carpool Goddess: a coffee loving, cupcake eating, struggling to reform helicopter mom of a senior in high school and a junior in college (also known as Mini Me and College Boy). Despite giving me gray hair and making me crazy, my family is the light of my life. I spend way too much time online and should exercise more (you read the part about cupcakes, right?!). I also never leave the house without lipstick. Never.I started my blog Nov. 2010 and I practically fainted when I hit “publish” for the first time. It’s getting easier now, I only break out in a cold sweat. My hubby is super supportive because writing makes me happy. Plus, it keeps me out of stores, which also makes him happy. My blog is about my parenting experiences and whatever else tickles my fancy. I hope it tickles yours too.
Her "About Me" says "Still trying to work up to my potential" and her blog tag line is "The stories that define my complacent stroll through mediocrity."

I'm the adoptive mom of three toddlers just trying to have a documented, complete thought without interruption. I'm not your average, every day mom. I raise my kids like it's the 50's- I'm strict, loving and wholesome, and I do it all with a drink and cigarette nearby. You know what they didn't have in the 50's? Teen pregnancy, school shootings, and rampant drug/alcohol issues. Fact.
8)     Nightowl Mama
I am a stay at home working mom of 3 boys ages 3, 5, 22 and 1 girl age 11. I enjoy blogging and sharing my thoughts and opinions on products we use as a family. I incorporate family photo’s, video’s and our thoughts into my reviews to help consumers make a more informed decision on products before they purchase them. I only accept products that I feel our family would be a good fit for. If by chance we no longer have use for a product we have reviewed we donate them to the charity or local shelters for abused, and battered women and children. I recently started to focus on exercise, getting fit and eating healthier.
If you’d asked the ten-year-old me what she was going to be when she grew up, she’d have answered:
Elizabeth Wakefield. Writer. Rabbi. First female Pope (or co-Pope, to be precise, with my also not-Catholic just-younger sister). President of the United States. Doctor. Lawyer. Super hero. How long do I have to answer this question?
I’m 33 years old now. I’ve done only one of the things I originally set out to do. (You guessed it. I became Elizabeth Wakefield. “Deborah Bryan” is my spy name.) I’ve also researched killer whales in British Columbia, taught English in South Korea and Japan, finished law school, done extra work on some of my favorite shows, run a couple of marathons and written some books. I’ve become a mom–the one thing most decidedly never on any of my to-do lists–and discovered I really enjoy negotiating contracts.
Life moves a little more slowly now than it used to, but it’s infinitely more beautiful and complex than it was before. I’m writing and editing almost every day, even if I giggle when forced to actually label myself a “writer.” I’m finally learning to cook. (Thank you, VegWeb!) Most of all, I’m loving every minute of motherhood, which is so, so very much more than soiled diapers, sleepless nights and endless exhaustion.
So far, my life hasn’t gone at all according to my plans. I hope I’ll be able to say the same at 66!
10)     Mary Tyler Mom
I work. I mother. I'm a working mother. And on my best days, I believe I will make it after all. Just like you. After a four year professional hiatus where I was caring and grieving for my beautiful daughter who died of an aggressive brain tumor, I came back into the professional fold last winter when I resumed part-time employment. I used to be a clinical social worker, counseling others about their lives and problems. Yeah, not so much anymore. The last thing I want to do now is listen to other people talk about their problems. Lordy, I've got too many of those myself, folks. So instead, I use this here Internet thingamabob to connect with other working parents - - it's fun and so much cheaper than therapy.
So talk to Mary Tyler Mom. It's cheaper than therapy for you, too.
I’m the most extroverted introvert I know. I can be brilliant, dark, and every shade in between. I have purple chunk of highlights in my hair – just cuz. Sometimes I feel alone in a crowd and other times I am crowded when I am alone. Writing and clicking pics* help me stay connected, focused, and present.
I have show and tell here….well because I can, and if it brings you a smile, an a-ha, a “thank goodness it’s not just me,” or even a “whew I’m glad I’m not her” then having a mind as busy as Manhattan during rush hour is worth it.
12)     Major Mama
I am just a mom trying to safely navigate my teenager through these treacherous years.
Teenagers are up against a monster…Today’s Society. Specifically I’m talking about drugs, alcohol, the media, peer pressure and decisions made by other parents.
In September, we sent our 16 year old son, kicking and screaming, to a military school. This came as a surprise to him as one day he was sitting in his Catholic high school, and the next day he was meeting his new fellow cadets.
This has not been easy for any of us, but the sleepless nights that followed my long, silent drive back home after leaving him in someone else’s hands, were unbearable. So I started to write.
Initially, my words were meant for my sister and other family members, but luckily others have found it. I’ve been writing about this journey as honestly as I possibly can, and now I think I’m over the “What will people think?” phase.
Prayer, talks with girlfriends, support from his Catholic grade school community, strangers, and strength from my wonderful faith-filled family are all working together to create the best “village” a mom could pray for to help her child grow up to be a good man.
He’s going to make it – I’ll make sure of it.

There were so many others that I wanted to include, but you need to go backwards because so many of them have already been awarded!   If you go to The Somewhat Sane Mom, read all of her nominations, then go back to who nominated her and read all of their nominations, etc. you'll get an idea about how hard it is to narrow it down to 10 or 12!!

I hope that you will check all of these fabulous blogs out -- they inspire me.

3 comments:

Tricia Night owl mama said...

WHAT!!! #8 Geezzz. I thought we were better buds than that. Well until I read you liked COKE. then I was like NO WAY!! Ewwww.
and I kept reading and saw that your lucky number was 3 and I thought HEY that's my lucky number. LOL so I suppose your alright. Thanks for the award HUGS
great list of bloggers I know many of them.

Counting Caballeros said...

It's not a ranking list, silly! :•P

Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

Thanks so much for the award!! So sweet of you! I hope blogging brings us together soon. I had a blast with you and Tricia!