This is me...

This is me...
I'm having a mom moment....

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Second Post of The Day, But I Needed To Vent

I have to stop saying "How stupid can you be?" I think people are taking it as a challenge.


As part of my craptastic day yesterday, I received an email from a "Tiger Mom" who was offended by my post that criticized the over-achieving, pushy moms who make their kids do all kinds of ridiculous things so that they can feel like successful parents. She turned her criticism not to the blog, but to ME as a parent. She said that I was one of those parents who lets their kids eat too much sugar and watch too much TV and that her kids were not allowed to go to houses like mine because she was trying to raise them to a "higher standard." She found my blog insulting to moms like her. Lady, I'm not insulting you, I'm describing you. If you are insulted, then I am sorry in the most sarcastic form of the word.



There is a fundamental truth that you people who keep criticizing are failing to recognize: This is MY blog. I do not work for CNN, and can therefore say whatever I want here. These are my takes on things and if you agree, great. But if you don’t agree, keep it to yourself because I don’t care. I don’t care where you went to school, what degrees you hold, what books you’ve read, how smart you think you are, or how successful you think you are as a parent. You are the proof that someone can become rich, achieve high social standing, hold multiple degrees, and still be an idiot. It took me many years for me to lose my mind….why the hell would I want a piece of yours?



Here’s a thought, quit reading my blog if I offend you so much. I mean, I want people to follow and vote and all that, but if you are looking for conflict you are in the wrong place. I am not a fan of conflict. I blog to RELIEVE my stress, not to add to it. Just the act of putting it all out there makes me feel better. Sometimes I am justified by seeing it all written down and I can look at it and see that I was right about how nuts something was, and sometimes I receive further validation from reader’s comments. If you disagree with me then I don’t want to hear about it. I am guessing that since most of my followers echo my mindset, you haters are choosing to send emails instead of leaving comments because you know that while I will simply ignore your emails and blog about you anonymously, my readers would rip you a new one. I don’t really know what to tell you except that since stupidity is not a crime, you are free to go. No one is forcing you to keep reading, so quit. Quit reading so that you won’t be offended. And for God’s sake, quit sending me emails telling me how wrong or misguided I am. Go find a different blogger who will tell you how awesome you are for being a helicopter parent and how your children will grow up to be perfect because you only fed them whole foods and never let them watch TV.


Also, you know those intense unexplained pains you get sometimes? You deserve those.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Those morons just give you something else to blog about and us readers something else to shake our heads and laugh at :) Love you girly. You're doing a great job! I have half as many kids, and my hubby is home twice as much as yours, and you've got it more together than I do!

Crescent Lane Hooker said...

AMEN, Preach on sister!!!!!!

Barbara said...

That helicopter mom sounds like the redhead on Desperate Housewives. And boy have her kids turned out screwy right along with her but disappointing to her too. She obviously needs a life without being the director of every second of hers and her children's.

Amanda Bond said...

Sweet baby J! Get a life lady. Last I checked there was no rule stating you had to read someone's blog. Ten bucks says that it is the superior class mom you blogged about months ago. OR it may have been days ago. The hate spiral will warp your sense of time.

christy said...

She was probably criticizing you via email from the waiting room while her poor kid was in with her life coach or most likely her THERAPIST!!!! She should have been using that time to either (A)Go ahead and book the kid ahead at Betty Ford for the drug and self esteem problems she will have when reality hits .... or (B)Post her comment on your blog instead of HIDING behind the fake facade of botox and greatness that is her FAKE SUCKY LIFE!!!..... (Dear SUCKY FAKE LIFE LADY...... Please post comments to the blog like everyone else.... Why do you find it necessary to hide when you so openly believe you are perfectly right?)

Cake Lady said...

Kudo's to you!