This is me...

This is me...
I'm having a mom moment....

Monday, April 18, 2011

Take That, Facebook

Facebook has a status update box that says "What's on your mind?" and then they limit me to 420 characters.  They obviously do not have a very good understanding of how my mind works.  So this morning as I drink my coffee and "collect my thoughts" I figured I would share the random and totally unrelated things that go through my mind.

We are the trashiest family in our neighborhood.  Literally.  Trash days are Monday and Thursday here, and while most of our neighbors have their 3-4 bags of trash, we put out about 8 bags on average every trash day.  The plus side to this is that everyone thinks that we've always just had a party.  We also don't recycle.  I know, recycling is a good thing to do, but here where we live, you have to pay $10 extra dollars a month to recycle.  That's $120 a year.  It's ridiculous, so we don't do it.  (Go ahead and judge me, I don't care.)

I've been trying for months to par down on the amount of stuff in our house.  It is not going well.  And I keep finding crap that I HAVE NO IDEA where it came from.  Yesterday I found a stuffed horse.  It's about the size of a small kitten, and I don't know which kid it belongs to or where they got it.  I also have found books that I know I never bought and I don't remember ever getting as gifts.  Then there are the clothes.  My family has T-Shirts that just sort of appeared and I don't know where they got them.  Bella has a T-Shirt for a 5K in Oregon.  We've never been to Oregon.  Nor have we ever run in a 5K.  Where does this crap come from??  I am beginning to wonder it perhaps my kids are kleptomaniacs and pick up random crap from other people's houses.....

Lorelei wants me to have another baby.  She keeps asking me if we can go to the baby store and get another baby.  I've told her that Jackson is the last baby, but she doesn't get it.  She also gets very upset when I tell her that because "Jackson isn't a baby anymore" and she wants "just one more baby, please??"  I told her that when she grows up and gets married, she can have all the babies she wants.  She told me that she wants ME to have another baby, because when she grows up, she wants to have puppies and kitties.....I'll tackle that on another day.  Today we are talking about why she cannot have flying lessons (she doesn't mean in an airplane....she wants to fly like a bird, or a bumblebee, or a superhero without a cape.)

Bella is obsessed with Justin Beiber.  It is very annoying.  Don't get me wrong, I've listened to his music and I took Bella to see the movie about him, so I know the kid has talent, but WOW.  She has repeatedly told me and her dad that she "has Beiber Fever" and that she "WILL marry him one day" and she plots how to break him up with Selena Gomez.  She is 7.  When she acts like this about a boy she has zero chance of ever meeting and who is about 10 years older than her, it makes me think that I need to lock her in her room until she is about 30.

William cannot focus on anything that isn't Star Wars related.  He can tell you in vivid detail which planets the Rebels have saved from the Empire and how they did it, he can recount specific details from the battles (including ship specs), and he can accurately describe the gazillion and five species and the planets that they came from, but he cannot learn his multiplication tables or remember to put his name on his paper.

Jackson wants to carry a purse.  Bella and Lorelei get to carry purses, and I carry a purse, so he wants a purse.  His request makes sense -- he has all of these dinosaurs and wooden blocks to carry around and a purse WOULD make things easier to transport.  His father might have a heart attack if I actually let him carry one of the pink or purple ones that we have though, so next time I am at Goodwill, I will search for a proper "Little Man Satchel."

Now my coffee is gone and I need to go get another cup.  This is why Facebook limits status updates, I guess.  Luckily, Blogspot does not have such restrictions. 

1 comment:

Lee said...

Have you tried letting William watch the school house rock multiplication songs? There catchy and help by setting the results and patterns to music.