Okay, it's my birthday week (my ACTUAL birthday is tomorrow), and I spent my weekend doing all kinds of Easter stuff, so I am kind of phoning it in today -- don't judge me too harshly for being lazy and don't tell the Room Moms. Today's post is a Facebook game I did last year, I had to change a few of the answers because my answers that day are not all current anymore. The rules are:
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 30 RANDOM, FACTS HABITS and GOALS about yourself. At the end, choose 30 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you. Just quit the internal whining and do it. (To do this, go to "notes" under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 30 random things, tag 30 people, then click publish.)
Obviously, you are not all going to be able to respond with 30 random facts, but you could do your own on your Facebook pages. But leave me ONE random thing about you in my comments if you want.
Here is my list:
1. I am an Auburn Fan (duh) but I graduated from Alabama. I know all of the words to both teams fight songs but only sing one of them during the Iron Bowl! :)
2. I have four kids that I love more than life itself, but never planned it that way. It is a good thing I wasn't a slut in high school because birth control doesn't work on me.
3. I want to be a writer....well, I AM a writer, but I'd really like to get paid for it.
4. I miss the South -- FYI, Texas is NOT the South.
5. My favorite color changes almost daily. One day I may hate a color and the next love it.
6. I have been wearing the same perfume for nearly 15 years.
7. Before kids, I was rather OCD....4 kids is the best OCD therapy in the world because you have no choice but to get over it....several times a day.
8. I have written no fewer than 10 children's books, but since I am not Jamie Lee Curtis or Brittany Spears, I cannot get a publisher to publish them. It is extremely frustrating when I go into bookstores and see a $10 book that has 10-12 words on a page or a crappy story (or both).
9. I love my husband and he must really love me since we all know that I am 8 different kinds of crazy on any given day.
10. I love daisies. I think a bouquet of daisies is among the happiest sites in the world. I love other flowers too. But I rarely buy them because they are so freaking expensive and who wants to buy flowers for themselves??!
11. People often don't get my sarcasm and twisted sense of humor. I have lost several Facebook friends (even a family member) because of this.
12. Fresh brewed coffee is the best thing. For anything. Always.
13. I am a decent cook, but rarely use a recipe.
14. I am still OCD about my kitchen and bathrooms (don't like germs).
15. I have read all the Harry Potter books at least twice -- the first few I have read about 7 or 8 times.
16. I read lots of children's fiction, but I also read James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, and Laurie King.
17. I am addicted to Coca-Cola.
18. I love my parents -- they drive me crazy sometimes, but I drive them crazy ALL the time, so that's fair.
19. I am not a big chocolate fan, but I LOVE caramel.
20. I am deathly allergic to bees, wasps, and fire ants -- I carry an epi-pen in my purse. But I go temporarily insane, jumping around and hiding wherever possible whenever stinging insects are around, so I have only had to use it once in my life.
21. Most of the music that I listen to was recoded before I was born or while I was still in elementary school. Chances are, that if it wasn't at one time available on 8-track, I probably don't listen to it. Black Eyed Peas are one notable exception.
22. I used to teach horseback riding at Pine Hill Day Camp.
23. I hate it when people run their mouths about something they don't really know anything about -- whether it be other people, religion, politics, child raising, or whatever. My harshest retorts are reserved for these people. (And you all know that my retorts can be pretty harsh.)
24. I miss my old friends -- some because of geographical distance and others because we just grew apart. I miss the ones that I've grown apart from the most sometimes.
25. I can still do a flip on a trampoline -- I proved this at a birthday party I took one of my kids to.
26. I have been known to dust my furniture with a baby wipe. It actually works remarkably well.
27. I have glasses that I am supposed to wear when I am reading or working on the computer. They are in their case about 6 inches from my hands as I type this. I rarely put them on.
28. I used to want to be an actress. I also wanted to be a mechanic. I could not imagine doing either of those now.
29. My husband and I got engaged on April Fool's Day. He has never once tried to take back his proposal.
30. I have at least 30 more random thoughts I could type here, but it appears that I am done.